Thursday 14 August 2014

Memories



Sitting in a chair with my head bursting of pain
I think about you.
It’s been so long since you came into my mind.
I remember like it was yesterday
In those times when the future was just a child’s play.
You taught me one lesson 
How to live not just messin’.
I’m sitting here listening to your song
You always loved to play and made me sink in thoughts.
But everything is gone,
There’s no hatred, not even lust.
I buried you so long time ago.
I buried the memories we used to share.
Even the goodbye message on that broken old phone.
But do you know how much you hurt me?
Do you know how much you played with me?
Probably not, because I said yes when we broke up.
I still remember your brown child-like eyes and the tone of your voice.
I can’t forget even if I want.
You were my first love and my last.
Because I’ll never leave someone to play with my heart.
I’m sitting here on my desk
Trying to make sense of a bunch of verbs.
My head is bursting with pain but I forget
Because I still remember what you once said
You only live for now, forget the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment